Are you looking for a snack that is:
Easy to prepare??
Well then, kale chips might be one food you would like to try. If you haven’t heard of Kale, it might seem strange to bake this unique vegetable to resemble chips, but then again we also roast vegetables in the oven too :), and can also make sweet potato and broccoli chips as well.
Nonetheless, once you tried kale chips, I can tell it becomes an addiction because they taste so good I usually make 1 extra batch of kale for myself. Also they are a great alternative for low-calorie snack and encourages use of natural flavorings.
What is great about kale chips is that you can combine different flavorings such as chili and chocolate,etc , and soon you will have bowl of kale chips at your living room, kitchen table
and in your bedroom:P.
This recipe was partly adapted from my favorite Nutritionist Nutrition Diva
Preparation time (5-15 minutes)
- Olive oil
- 2 Limes
- Chili flakes or chili powder
- Salt (optional)
- Wash raw kale and cut into small pieces . It is also important to properly dry the kale pieces before proceeding to the next step.
- Add around 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a bowl and gently toss the kale with the olive oil.
- Place a bowl under a metal grater. Rub the lime against the smallest grating area .Turn the fruit as you grate the lime. Grate only the green area and avoid the white pith.
- Spread the kale pieces on a single layer of baking paper and sprinkle with chili and the lime zest and juice.
- Bake the kale at 350 degrees F or until the kale becomes crisp (which is around 5 – 10 minutes).